SR Max - a division of Saf-Gard Safety Shoe Co. (“SR Max”) agrees to reimburse any company participating in its SR Max Direct Employer Billing Plan for any direct medical expenses paid by said company resulting from injuries sustained by an employee of said company from a slip and fall accident while wearing SR Max shoes purchased from SR Max.
Conditions and Exceptions:
- At the time of any reimbursable accident, the injured employee must be wearing shoes purchased in that employee’s name within the last six (6) months through SR Max’s Direct Employer Billing Plan and the shoes worn by such injured employee must be an SR Max style listed in the “Approved Style for SR Max Limited Indemnity List” which is included as part of this indemnity below. Shoes worn by such injured employee must be specifically included on an approved listing for the claiming organization.
- Styles not included on the Approved Style List for SR Max Limited Indemnity, SR Max styles not so recommended for the organization, and SR Max styles not specifically purchased in the injured employee’s name are specifically excluded from this offer.
- Accidents resulting from objects on the floor including food particles which may be lodged in the shoes are excluded. Also accidents that occur on icy surfaces or in freezers, coolers or subzero environments are specifically excluded. Acceptable surfaces include water, grease, liquefied fats and synthetic lubricants. Slip Resistant footwear may not be effective when any object prevents any portion of the sole from reaching the floor or when the soles are exposed to temperatures near or below freezing.
- The maximum amount of an individual claim for which SR Max will be responsible is limited to the lesser of $5,000 or the total claim amount.
- Maximum total reimbursement for any calendar year is limited to ten percent of the net purchase for that calendar year of SR Max shoes by the claiming company.
- SR Max reserves the right to require a written statement by the injured employee confirming any of the conditions specified above in a form satisfactory to SR Max.
- This offer of limited indemnity shall automatically cancel if the claiming company is more than sixty (60) days delinquent on any invoices from SR Max.
- The limited indemnity covers only slips and falls that occur on the floor of claiming company’s workplace.
- Any right and/or reimbursement available to claiming company for separate “manufacturer” slip and fall indemnity, pledge, or warranty is assigned to SR Max upon the claiming company’s submittal of a claim to SR Max.
- All styles listed in this SR Max indemnity are covered with the same restrictions. This includes styles marked with the SR Max Cold Storage outsole. SR Max does not indemnify any products in freezers, coolers, or on ice.
Claims and Procedures:
Upon the occurrence of an accident covered by this limited indemnity, the claiming company must report the same to SR Max on a notarized “SR Max Indemnity Claim Form” within twenty-one (21) days of such accident. Failure to so notify SR Max within such time period will result in SR Max’s denial of the claim.
This offer of limited indemnity shall automatically be cancelled upon the claiming company’s termination of its Employee Payroll Deduction Plan with SR Max.
This offer of limited indemnity shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina. The venue for any claim or action arising out of this agreement shall be in the state or federal courts located in Guilford County, North Carolina.
Approved Styles for Indemnity Agreement:
We will provide you with the latest copy of styles covered by our Indemnity Agreement upon request as this list changes frequently with the addition of new styles.
SR Max - division of Saf-Gard Safety Shoe Co., a North Carolina corporation